Submit A Request to Reserve Facilities
Reserve facilities or check availability by calling 740-374-9396 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Requests may also be submitted to our property managers via email. Download a PDF of this page.
To submit your request to reserve facilities, please provide the following information…
What facilities do you wish to reserve?
- Elizabeth Sugden Broughton Community Building: A year-round multi-purpose facility for larger events that is perfect for corporate retreats and conferences, trade shows, class and family reunions, weddings, anniversaries, reunions, memorials, public meetings, and more! It is large and spacious enough for social spacing too! Located near the main entrance to the Broughton Nature and Wildlife Education Area on State Route 821 in the activity center of The Park, the Community Building has a state of-the-art sound system, a kitchen for food brought in by users and caterers, a patio, fire pit, and many other features. All entrances are ADA-compliant. Visit our website to view our wedding gallery. Firewood is NOT provided. Guests are responsible for firewood, fire safety, distancing, and extinguishing the fire before leaving the area.
- Buckeye Room: An 800 square foot space that can accommodate up to 30 people in the front half of the building. It can be used as a staging area for inside or outside events, a reception area, a meeting room, as a dressing room for a wedding outside or in the Community Building, or for other small gatherings. Rental includes portable toilets and can include the use of the Fire Pit.
- Pavilion/Shelter and Grounds: The perfect site for outdoor events. Features include running water, portable toilets, bike service station and rack, picnic tables and seating, convenient parking, and acres of open fields. The Foundation will post a RESERVED sign on the Pavilion and the interior of the Pavilion will be pressure-washed prior to arrival. Rental can include the use of the Fire Pit. Firewood is NOT provided. Guests are responsible for firewood, fire safety, distancing, and extinguishing the fire before leaving the area.
Please include the following:
- Your name as primary contact with title (examples: Owner, Executive Director, Vice President), if applicable.
- The legal name of your company, organization or your family name.
- Do you represent a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status? If so, please include the Tax I.D. number and tell us what year the org was established.
- Full address including street and P.O. Box, City, State, Zip, Phone, Website.
- Your contact information: personal and professional email addresses and phone numbers; home and workplace.
- What facilities are of interest.
- Please describe your event and estimate the number of guests expected.
- How many days? Preferred dates, alternate or optional dates. What other information can you provide?
- Would you like to purchase face masks? Masks will be made available in boxes of 50 at cost, if desired.
In addition to a daily rental fee that is payable in advance, a refundable deposit is required. The deposit will be returned 10 days after the event if the conditions of the contract have been met.
Please note that submitting a request does not guarantee a reservation.
If you submit a request via email and do not hear from us within two business days or wish to inquire about available dates, please call 740-374-9396 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
The Broughton Nature and Wildlife Education Area is open dawn to dusk. It is developed, managed, and maintained by The Broughton Foundation for public enjoyment, recreation, and nature study. Contact us at:
The Broughton Foundation
639 State Route 821
Marietta, Ohio 45750
Phone: 740-374-9396 • Fax: 740-374-9924
Offices for The Broughton Foundation, Broughton Wildlife Education Area and Elizabeth Sugden Broughton Community Building office are located at GWB Complex 1, Building 1. The Foundation office is also the office for Broughton Commercial Properties, LLC, and GWB Oil & Gas.
See our Contact page for a link to directions.