After the 2023-2024 Ohio Deer Hunting Season concludes in February of 2024, deer hunting permits will be available for bow hunting ONLY. No other type of hunting is permitted and trapping is strictly forbidden.
To apply for a bow hunter’s permit to hunt deer during Ohio Deer Season, applicants must come to the office in person with a legal driver’s license and a legal Ohio hunting license or legal non-resident hunting license.
- A limited number of hunting permits for the Broughton park will be issued for Ohio archery season.
- No hunting permits will be issued for Ohio’s deer gun seasons.
- No other hunting is permitted.
- Trapping is strictly forbidden.
- Permitted hunters should have their legal hunting license and the Broughton permit with them at all times while hunting in the Broughton Nature and Wildlife Education Area.
- Hunting will NOT be allowed during cross-country season until AFTER all runners have completed the race course.
- Deer hunting permit holders accept all responsibility for their actions, gear, and equipment.
- All-terrain vehicles, including 4-wheelers, are not permitted.
- The Broughton Foundation is not responsible for hunter safety, damage to or theft of blinds, cameras, tree stands, gear, other equipment, or personal property.
NO HUNTING OR TRAPPING of any kind is permitted in the Rudolph Family Park.
Fishing is permitted anytime the park is open.
We invite you to enjoy fishing in our pristine ponds. Let the tranquility of the park embrace you as you cast your line and unwind. We kindly ask all visitors to respect the reserved areas designated for picnics and outings. Permits are not required for fishing, but all guests who fish Broughton ponds must comply with Ohio Law and Ohio DNR Rules & Regulations related to fishing.
We ask that those who wish to try their luck refrain from interfering with groups who have reserved the area for picnics, outings, and any others who are fishing. We prefer that the tradition of catch and release be observed for anything that does not meet trophy standards. Guests must pick up all trash, bait containers, fishing equipment and line, sharp objects, plastic, paper, personal items, and other waste brought to the site.
Please be incredibly diligent about removing extra fishing line and cutting the line so that fish cannot become entangled in it.
The Park is open from dawn till dusk year-round, but may close without notice under certain conditions.