Deer Hunting During Ohio Deer Season Allowed by Permit Only
A limited number of deer permits for the upcoming season will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis. Permit-holders accept all responsibility for their actions, gear, and equipment. The Broughton Foundation is not responsible for hunter safety, damage to or theft of blinds, cameras, tree stands, gear, other equipment, or personal property. All-terrain vehicles of any kind, including 4-wheelers, are not permitted in the Park.
To apply for a permit to hunt deer during Ohio Deer Season, you must come to the office in person with your legal:
- Driver’s License
- Ohio Hunting License or Non-Resident Hunting License
Woodland trails will be closed during deer gun seasons, but please be aware that:
- All trails will remain open during deer archery season.
- The Devola Multi-Use Trail will be open during deer gun and archery seasons.
Absolutely no other hunting is permitted in the Broughton Nature and Wildlife Education Area and trapping of any animal is strictly forbidden.
Fishing Permitted Anytime Park is Open
We ask that those who wish to try their luck not interfere with groups who have reserved the area for picnics or outings and any others who are fishing. Our preference is that the tradition of catch and release be observed for anything that does not meet trophy standards. Guests must pick up all trash, bait containers, fishing equipment and line, sharp objects, plastic, paper, personal items, other waste and anything else brought to the site.
Please be especially diligent about removing extra fishing line and cutting the line so that fish cannot become entangled in it.
Fishing is permitted anytime the Park is open. The Park is open from dawn till dusk year-round, except during Ohio deer gun seasons. The Park is subject to closure without notice at other times under certain conditions.
Please take proper health and safety precautions for yourself and others in your party. The Broughton Foundation is not responsible for guest safety, damage to or loss of equipment or personal items, theft of equipment or personal items.
- Foundation and Park policies are subject to change without notice. Please check this page or contact us directly if you would like more information.
- Fires, motor vehicles, and digging of any kind are not permitted.
- Trapping is not permitted.
- Standard health and safety precautions, Park policies and Ohio law must be observed.
Check out the ODNR Wildlife Page.