Deer Hunting Allowed by Permit Only
To apply for a permit to hunt deer during Ohio Deer Season, you must come to the office in person with your legal:
- Driver’s License
- Ohio Hunting License or Non-Resident Hunting License
A limited number of deer permits will be issued. Permit-holders accept all responsibility for their actions, gear and equipment. The Broughton Foundation is not responsible for hunter safety, damage to or theft of blinds, cameras, tree stands, gear or other equipment.
Woodland trails will be closed during deer gun seasons, but please be aware that:
- all trails will remain open during deer archery season, and that
- the Devola Multi-Use Trail will be open during deer gun and archery seasons.
Please call 740-374-9396 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday for information or to make an appointment.
Absolutely no other hunting is permitted in the Broughton Nature and Wildlife Education Area!
Fishing is permitted anytime The Park is open.
We ask that those who wish to try their luck not interfere with groups who have reserved the area for picnics or outings and any others who are fishing. Our preference is that the tradition of catch and release be observed for anything that does not meet trophy standards. Guests must pick up all trash, bait containers, extra fishing line and cut line (so our fish don’t get tangled up in it), fishing equipment, sharp objects, plastic, paper, personal items, other waste and anything else brought to the site.
Fishing is permitted anytime the Park is open. The Park is open from dawn till dusk year-round, except during Ohio deer gun seasons and The Park is subject to closure without notice at other times under certain conditions.
Please take proper health and safety precautions for yourself and others in your party. The Broughton Foundation is not responsible for guest safety, damage to or loss of equipment or personal items, theft of equipment or personal items.
- Foundation and Park policies are subject to change without notice. Please check this page or contact us directly if you would like more information.
- Fires and digging of any kind are not permitted anywhere in The Park.
- Standard health and safety precautions, park policies and Ohio law must be observed.