Dear Friends of the Broughton Nature Preserve (BNP),
Two restoration workdays this week. At both we will be clearing invasive brush around the forest pond at the BNP. So we will meet on both days GWB Complex #3. (See directions below.)
For both restoration workdays, dress for the weather. We guarantee good company, snacks (including hot chocolate) and some mud!
It is a bit of a hike out to the worksite, so you get aerobic exercise as well!
Hope to see you this week! Questions, call or e-mail me at 224.545.1604.
Directions to GWB Complex #3:
- Enter the GWB Complex #3 off State Route 821. It is the complex nearest the entrance/exit off of Interstate 77.
- Go up the hill to the first set of buildings. Turn left.
- Proceed all the way to the end of these buildings. Before you head down to the pond, turn right, and go all the way up the hill. The road will take you past all of the buildings. The road up the hill is a gravel road.
- Parking is on top of this hill.
- Broughton Nature Preserve, Steward
- Friends of the Ohio River Islands, Board Member
- Society of Ecological Restoration, Midwest Great Lakes Chapter, Board Member
“All flourishing is mutual.” (Robin Kimmerer from “Braiding Sweetgrass”)