1. I think we can do at least one more day of seed collecting before winter shuts us down. Let’s plan for next Saturday, Nov. 19th, 2-4PM at GWB Complex#3. We will collect the last of the asters, goldenrod and grasses before winter sets in. See directions below!
I know that the weather is getting colder. The good news is that there is a lot of important restoration work we can do in the winter–when plants and critters are dormant and can’t be hurt by our activity. It is a great way to get some outdoor winter activity!
2. A request: we need to build some sieves for processing the more than 70 species of native seeds we have already collected. Does someone have the skills to make about 6 wooden frames for sieving screens? I can provide the design and materials, but we need to build some wooden frames to set the screens in? Please contact me if you or someone you know might be willing to build these for us!
Broughton Nature Preserve, Steward
Directions to GWB Complex #3 Right of Way Parking:
1. Enter the GB Complex#3 off 821.
2. Go up the hill to the first row of buildings. Turn left.
3. Go all the way to the pond (don’t go down to the pond!). Turn right and go all the way up the hill.
Note: the final road up the hill is a gravel road. Parking on top.