Dear friends of the Broughton Nature Preserves.
The new tools we got through the Marietta Community Foundation made the job easy!
The work continues this week.
Since it is too wet to work along the Blue trail stream, we will meet at the GWB Complex #3, top of the hill (directions below).
Days and time are:
Dress for the weather. We will provide tools, hot chocolate and good company. It is a bit of a hike to the site–we also provide some cardio as well!
Questions: e-mail or call Mark Krivchenia @ 224.545.1604.
Directions to GWB Complex #3 are below. Follow the link to see a photo and map of GWB Complex 3:
- Enter the GWB Complex #3 off State Route 821. It is the complex nearest the entrance/exit off of Interstate 77.
- Go up the hill to the first set of buildings. Turn left.
- Proceed all the way to the end of these buildings. Before you head down to the pond, turn right, and go all the way up the hill. The road will take you past all of the buildings. The road up the hill is a gravel road.
- Parking is on top of this hill.
- Broughton Nature Preserve, Steward
- Friends of the Ohio River Islands, Board Member
- Society of Ecological Restoration, Midwest Great Lakes Chapter, Board Member
“All flourishing is mutual.” (Robin Kimmerer from “Braiding Sweetgrass”)V